Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pancake with Peaches and Honey

As a college student, waking up early is pretty tough. For most, the usual routine would be to roll out of bed (it would be a fast roll if you abused the snooze alarm), use the toilet, wash the face, put on clothes, and then scramble to class.

This is a big no-no! I have done this in the past and it always ends terribly. All throughout lecture, you just kept thinking about the next break and what snacks are available at the campus bakery/cafe/store. Zero concentration on the courses paid with expensive tuition!

Well the other morning, I decided to break away from the typical no-breakfast college routine. So here's a breakfast I made myself the other day; it took about 10 min.

It is actually a recipe I found on www.katheats.com













OATMEAL PANCAKE (1 serving)


-1/3 cp rolled oats

-1/3 cp egg whites (It took me 2 eggs)

-1 tbsp vanilla extract

-1/2 tsp baking powder


1. Mix
2. Spray pan with cooking spray

3. Cook each side for about 1-2 min.


Viola! Here you go! As for toppings, I decided on my nearly over-ripe peach. A over-ripened peach tastes actually great this way; it's nice and soft with extra sweet juices. Well I sliced that up and drizzled some honey on top and added a dash of cinnamon.

As you can see in this photo, I was trying hard to get you guys a photo of my breakfast with some great lighting. Looks pretty darn radiant, huh? Especially on top of the TV!

Lucky my drink didn't spill! This was a Vanilla Chai tea with soy milk.

Here's an interesting tip, to get the nice cafe foamy look, I just shook the soymilk in its box! If it's nice and frothy in there, it'll pour right onto the drink

In terms of satiety, I definitely think 2 pancakes would have been better for me. I ended up eating some leftover baked potato wedges with ketchup after this.

Next time I make this pancake again, I will...
1) Make at least 2!
2) See how it turns out with yolk included and
3) Try mixing blueberries into the batter. Yum...(while blueberries are still in season!)

1 comment:

D.L. Verzosa said...

i love peaches!!! and cinnamon too!!!