Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lazy afternoon dinner

As I was trying to figure out creative ways to make an easy and relatively quick meal with my last few pieces of produce, I was fighting a losing battle with the laziness that many of my Saturday afternoons entail. I was this close *pinches fingers till they're only a centimeter apart* to making a plain cheese and tomatoe sandwich for dinner when my roommate (studying at the kitchen table) casually suggested, "Why don't we make food and share it." Wow...genius! haha.

As you will see in the photos below, if you have someone to cook with and motivate you, good food is bound to be made... if not, you've had great company!

L.A. and I quickly consolidated our last groceries and whipped up something quite tasty!



Photo1: We took out the nice TV dinner stand/table to our patio & enjoyed the beautiful fall weather

Photo2: Tabbouleh salad...from a box! We just added some green onions, tomatoes, and lemon juice

Photo3: Baked tilapia (was frozen), mixed vegetables (added yellow squash, veggies were frozen) and vegetable soup (with leftover orzo)

Photo4: Cranberry juice in wine glasses. Adds a nice touch, don't ya think?

No comments: