Sunday, October 12, 2008

Peanut butter oatmeal cookie

Cookies, anyone?

This is one of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes and trust me, I've been seeking that perfect oatmeal cookie for awhile now. I have some other ones that include bananas as egg replacements; I will post them in the future.

This is fastfoodie's monster cookie recipe. I really like this one because 1) it's easy to make, 2) the ingredients are common cupboard items and 3) they taste great and stay pretty moist for at least a week!


-1/4 cup butter (or applesauce)
-3/4 cup white sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar

-2 eggs

-1 tsp vanilla extract

-1 1/4 tsp baking soda

-1 cup peanut butter

-3 cups of oats

-6 oz. chocolate chips (optional)


1. BEAT the 1st 4 ingredients till creamy

2. MIX in the vanilla and baking soda

3. STIR in the peanut butter, oats & chocolate chips
4. BAKE at 350 for 10

TIP OF THE DAY: For healthier versions, you can swap out butter for the equivalent amount in applesauce. You can also swap a banana for one egg. I like to keep a good couple bananas in my freezer because I don't always have fresh eggs on hand.

Some of you may opt to complement the PB with chocolate chips. However, I am not a huge fan of chocolate so I left them out in mine. I've never tried them with raisins but I'm not sure how PB & raisins would taste together in a cookie. If it's your thing, go for it and let me know how it tastes!


Enjoy!

No comments: